RSS

7th lie, lies in heaven


My life is a shabble of lies
under the power of lies, of a mother

1.My mum used to say that she hates people who tells lies.
But the biggest liar of them all, is herself


She often takes the tip of chicken wing for herself
Telling us that it was the tastiest part of a bird

One day, I took it for myself
All I crunch on is bones
However, I chose to believe her
as I chew on my drumstick
2. As I grew older,
life did not get easier,


She took up a job as a a babysitter,
She always took in little boys,
She told me that she loves to have a son,
as she only bore 4 daughters

I was jealous thinking that
My mum is unfair.
The money she earned,
feed us and school us,
put a roof above our heads.
It was years later that I discover that she works at home
to be able to care for us
not to abandon us at home
as she worked outside
Why did she lie?

3.My favourite and frequent meals are banana fritters and nasi lemak,
When I get home from school,
I would look into the food store
and find a mountain of fried bananas,
My mum cooked the world's delicious sambal ikan bilis,


and the most aromatic coconut rice.
It was her best recipe.

Little did i know that it was the cheapest recipe
that she could come up with

4.She walked everywhere,
because we do not have transportation,
She said that she needed the exercise


When she bought a second-hand car,
she was in such a frenzy,
that she sold the car for a RM5OO lost
after only a few drives

In my heart,
i was thinking that
"my mum is timid."

For years she told me
that she woke up after nightmares
of car crashes
How could i not see the link between these 2 events?

5.After graduation, i worked miles away,
Only coming back for holidays,
She told me it is ok to be independent


But why did she get hurt when i forgot to call back home?

6.My mum took weird diet of fresh fruits and vegetables

that tastes weird and smells weird
She tells me that it is healthy

i never got to why she would eat that
until she tells me that her blood pressure
is not getting any lower

7. As she gets older,
she was afflicted with old age complication,

her heart, her eyes
She told me that she rather die than to be sick
It is too much for her to suffer all her life

I thought, "Pessimistic."

Truth is she does not want to burden her children
that placed multitude of burdens upon her

I was a leukematic
My first sis was rebellious (never see eye to eye)
The second sister is diagnosed to be deaf, but then confirmed to be autistic
My youngest sister has insecurity problems since infancy and hyperventilation complications

If she could, she would have died years ago
But she kept on for her 4 children

"Don' t cry, my dear. Im not in pain."
After saying her 7th lie,
She closed her eyes forever!

No, she didn't
i would not let that happen
without telling her that

"How could you let me believe your lies for years,
how could you hide the truth from me,

the truth that you love me
will never forsake me
without any condition attached."
I am sorry, mum,
for not being considerate.
i will learn to see the truth behind the lies.

1 comments:

Cornelius Chong said...

so touch, untill wan to cry.
Every mother will do the same thing like your mum, the best thing give to sons and daughters.
Remember always call back to you mum. Your voice can make her smile :)

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin