RSS

married to a mission


"An opportunity has been presented to me

of spending days with lost souls,

people yet to know about Jesus Christ.

Convinced that this is a calling from God

to spend my life as it is.

I am willing to go through all dangers and hardships

knowing that I give myself to the greatest work of all."

This is a entry of Ann Hasseltine's diary in response to the proposal of Adoniram Judson, an American missionary to Burma.

It was love at first sight.

After Adoniram Judson met Ann at her father's house in Bradford,
he proposed marriage to her by letter.
But Ann was unable to answer him immediately—
not only because she barely knew him,
but because she realized she would be marrying not


.............. only a man,


............. but a vocation.
_______________________________________________

This is an article not simply that i stumbled upon
but a reminder and a divination hint to me.......
that marriage would not simply be the joining between a man and a woman
but an exposition of two personalities come together as one entity,
to build a ministry
to fulfil the Great Commision

where one can do just that much

two can do much more than that

_____________________________________________________

i believe there will be another height in my life
where i would no longer be alone
but has found my.....vocation

i could not sleep or wink for nights

meals do not please me

it was torturing

i have been praying and comforting myself

last night, i reached my finale

and feared that i may faint and falter

if i do not sleep any longer

then i prayed, "if it is your will,

i shall pray for my life partner....

i accept your provision and the chosen one.

Amen."

And i had a sound sleep that i was so deprived off.

Waking up this morning,

i was humbled by God's guidance and leading

that i finally believed that God

really does prepare a chosen one for us.

And we have to submit.

It is the way God tells us that, "He is the one for you."


I believed.....finally.

click here....to link to the full version of biography.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin