RSS

prayers






after i learned to speak in tongue
my prayers in real words diminished,

i wonder if it affects my prayer life
my relationship with God

last sermon's topic
mentioned about,
God heard our prayers
not seen, but heard

i started to think:

i do not think it will
impact any differently if
we say something in our heart

or speak it out
God understands us anyhow, right
just now when i was eating my lunch,
something occured to me

usually i have the problem
of communicating using speech,
because i feel that i could not
express that efficiently in Mandarin,
which is in my culture.

i do not want to appear different
or intellectual ,
which is discriminating

at least i think that way.
usually when i speak
there are just too many disractions,
because i always give way for others to express themselves,

i am very careful that
i speak something that people understood
not of my own personal opinion,
i am defined as someone who takes thing personal already

However
i am fine because i have God on speed dial

Thank God for His hotline
that i can connect with you
through Jesus Christ in spirit

words are powerful...
let me elaborate.

(1) God gave us His words, commands, bible as a guidance

Psalm 119:130
The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.

(2) We listen to sermon and sing songs in words (if there is melody without lyrics, how are we going to sing in spirit and truth)
[ David's Song of Praise ] David sang to the LORD the words of this song when the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul.

(3) we talk to people in language that they know well to bring our ideas across
Psalm 49:3
My mouth will speak words of wisdom; the utterance from my heart will give understanding.

(4) we console through words to teach, rebuke and guide (we cannot just express through touch or eyes contact, can us?)
Luke 7:40Jesus answered him, "Simon, I have something to tell you." "Tell me, teacher," he said.

(5) we can bring people down and raise people only by words (people would not know anything if we just keep quiet, right?) so we encourage and affirm by words, looking into their eyes and really mean it.







Job 16:5But my mouth would encourage you; comfort from my lips would bring you relief.

(6) How many times are we suddenly woke up from delusion when a certain word just open our mind? at least, that is frequent for me. so God will use my mouth to do the same too.

ok. the list will go neverending. i guess i made the case.

i came to a conclusion:

(1) i will pray in words in regular basis. (in spirit and in truth)

(2) this is a good practice for me to be a good teacher of the truth, a good shepherd and a leader to come. ( i am a self-apppointed assistant to anyone in need)







(3) i will blog more often because my fingers express better and faster than my mouth. (i am good writer than a speaker, ha! weird.)

(4) words bridge and link my ideas to reality. ( will make a difference/ more effective )




i am so glad....so relieved....i feel freed. YEAH!
thank you blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin