RSS

covenant part 1: take my breathe away

sometime around 5 years ago
i was crying so hard in the toilet

that i could not breath

i was not crying for myself
but it was a holy sorrow
i cried for the lost souls in my life

God gave me the compassionate heart
to evangelise
to work in the field of salvation

i would be harvesting the ripe crops



i was then given the gift of evangelism

that moment i made a covenant with God

He touched my heart
and i answered His Calling
there was no thunder

my body was not shaking

there was in short,
nothing perculiar physically or at sight

but spiritually
something miracluous had happened

even when a friend came into the toilet unsuspectedly
she asked me, "are you all right?"
i cried so hard
that i cannot answer
but just nodded my head and washed my face

i was not a great teacher of the word
but i always like to serve and love people

my ministry was very simple
just make some tong sui, package them
and had them delivered to brothers and sisters houses

i still remembered i used to collect transparent little containers
after buying tou hua from pasar malam
wash them and stack them

after distributing the tong sui
it was so difficult to take back the containers from them

i had to amass these containers from my coursemates too

i just could not able to keep up
with the "missing" containers

and then, caring ministry
like preparing cards or birthday presents

a few of us, sisters would made little cards
for any occasion, imaginable
that was then some unfortunate incidents
where innocent brothers would fall in love with these caring "sisters"
Ha, how adorable..... (smiling)

when i asked the visitors
whether at special events
or care groups
"Do you want to accept Christ?"
usually they accepted
then we said the Sinner's Prayer
i could not remember the times that they did not

the harvest was so ready that ripe crops were everywhere
the spiritual atmosphere was so high
as there were frequent gospel rallies
in Johor

at those moments ..............

i did not feel supported
a church should support and complete each other
but i could not get it

i am not perfect
althought Jesus Christ had made me whole
i need someone else to care and teach these new Christians
i could convert them
but what happened next...

i was like an underaged single parent
unable to cater the needs of these children
after giving birth, i was so lost with these young spiritual kids


the brothers of my church
was obsessed with individualistic type of ministry

everything was seen as "own"
my caregroup
my bible class
more of lone ranger
with heroic complex


sisters were interested
in loving and caring
everyone seemed want to be under
spotlight and attention
it was like a superstar contest



i was so depressed beyond word when my little spiritual babies:

(1) financially capacitated and borrowed money without paying
(2) dated with non-Christians
(3) there is even one who committed suicide



who else has this kind of spiritual resume
what i did was a shame to the Kingdom of God.....

i threw my gift from God away

not instantly but gradually
i no longer use the gifting anymore


i was not saving them
i was destroying them


God is good and real
but i was not a good servant of God


i asked God, "Why do you use me
when i could not carry Your works well?"


if they were not under my care
perhaps, they would have a better turn out


Is it my desire to have them believe in Christ?


Am i really doing the Works of God?

i was so scared of my:


sins
shortcomings
the consequences


i feel sorry for these people.....
i am so sorry


God, you died for me when i was still a sinner


You use me when i was still a sinner


I am still a sinner
but no longer bounded by my sins



You freed me

Along the way, You wanted me to understand a few important points

Thank you for not giving up on me
even after i failed you

Along the way
i have forsaken the road you have chosen for me

i have taken another way
away from you

the longer i walked my way
i found out that this is your way for me too

i believe that once a Child of God
forever a Child of God

God never abandons His Children
Thank you Father

2 comments:

Cornelius Chong said...

God is so good to you, this is very wonderful testimony.I really encourage by your testimony.
You are great blessing for hope ktn! Actually you really put effort to do card, It really nice.
I still keep a little card that you give me during B.conference. appreciate it.

you are so faithful in little things, God surely will use you. Even though you just 'song tong shui" Thank God you come back to him, and you experience his Great love.You can use by God to do evangelism. never look down yourself cannot do big things. God look at Our heart.
Faithful servant ~God bless YOU :)
Add oil ya~keep on~yoRRR

Cornelius Chong said...

you bloglist dont have my blog,remember to add in~.
hehe.GBU

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin