RSS

The sandy eye

“The speck of sand in others’ eye is so much bigger compared to the plank / log in our eyes.” Such a sarcasm.

A lesson to be forever remembered. A keen reminder that got stuck with me over some circumstances. 3 times I heard that day, twice from myself and once from other.

We are prone to point fingers and find fault.

And I am keen to point out the people that point fingers.

And at the same time, who am I to point out. The sand in others becomes the plank in mine. This is a vicious cycle. it may turn around to me, you see.

It is all in the methodology and solution. A careless step and a mindless tackle with turn the table around. At the end, I may be the devil’s tool even if at the first place, I have the good intention in mind.
That is why God teaches us about forgiveness, the sand-plank story, left cheek parable and unity.

(1) Use gentle approach and reproach. It works all the time. It is how Jesus will do it.
(2) Self-righteousness is deceiving to oneself. Stop deceiving yourself! (I am saying to myself)
(3) Use principles of God at work in everything. Good intention does not make it a godly intention!
(4) When not to say it is as important as when to say it, if not the less.
Some seek to be solved, some are better to let go and let it pass, some are to be endured and overcame!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin